I am a freelance art director and graphic designer with extensive experience in designing national magazines and books, overseeing every aspect of their development, from design through to print production. I have also art directed hundreds of photo shoots and commissioned as many illustrators. I have developed many enduring designs and approach each new challenge with dynamism regardless of how big, or small, the project.
Although I have specialised in magazine design over the last few years, I believe the high-pressure environment of editorial design — the daily deadlines, strict adherence to budgets and the need to maintain consistent quality control — have made me uniquely qualified to handle any design job.
An adaptable self-starter, I am equally able to work from my home base or in the office setting. Whether it’s art directing a project from scratch, or implementing designs and page layouts from pre-existing templates as an art worker, I pride myself on my ability to create exciting and professional work on time, and on budget.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- I have overseen the art direction of several monthly titles, plus the art departments of six other magazines, in the role as art director, taking a leading role in redesigns and continued brand definition.
- Liaising with clients and taking briefs from conception to finished artwork/ print, ensuring that all projects are brought in on time and on budget.Directing photo shoots on location and in the studio, and commissioning illustrations.
- Consolidating a thorough knowledge of all aspects of repro print production, liaising with printers and passing proofs.
Training & Additional Information
- I am fully conversant in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- I am set up to work remotely with Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Illustrator CC, as well as Microsoft Office Suite. I also have Dropbox and Google Drive pro accounts for easy transfer of files.